Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Remembering Walter



He trained for my first marathon and countless other runs with me, kayaked with me, camped with me, banked with me, played fetch until my arms fell off, and was overall just my big brown buddy. Most people knew me as "Walter's Dad" before they new my name (some people probably never knew my real name), as he never met a stranger. He lived a great life and saw most of this great country (I marked a map once with all the states he had been through and it was amazing!). He was even my copilot (literally)!
Walter Flying with Me

Well, age finally caught up with Walter and he is no longer with us. You are missed brown buddy. I know you'll be waiting for me with a tennis ball on the other side...
Leading the Next Generation

No comments:

Post a Comment